Mental Health Counseling
What is Mental Health Counseling?
Mental health counseling embraces the services provided by trained professionals to clients who seek help in dealing with issues that affect their lives. Issues may include, but are not limited to, behavioral, emotional, marital, vocational, rehabilitative, educational or life-stage in nature as well as personal problems. Mental health counseling involves evaluating clients’ mental and physical states, identifying diagnosis, and determining how ready clients are for treatment. After developing treatment plan and presenting them to clients and/or legal guardians, counselors help clients gain the skills and learn the behaviors needed to put them on the path to mental wellness.
Benefits of Mental Health Counseling
Clients who seek help, open themselves to the opportunity of obtaining the benefits of mental health counseling. While receiving services, the client will be addressing those symptoms and issues of why the searched for help in the first place. Coping skills will be developed and practiced during sessions in order achieve goals in treatment plan. At D & M Behavioral Solutions, we seek to help client’s reach their maximum potential and feel their best. Our commitment is to help you navigate and overcome issues that affect your everyday life and relationships.
We have seen clients who started their treatment for depression make meaningful positive changes in their lives. We have seen clients progress from being overwhelmed because of their situations to fully recovering and finding the life they were dreaming of. We have witnessed clients change their lives at home, with relatives, at work, and in relationships.
Could you close your eyes for a second? Imagine what that would be like. To transform from struggling with your mental health to thriving in every area of your life after committing to doing the work necessary to remove the barriers to happiness and fulfillment is a miracle.
All of that is possible, and more. It is time to start living the life you deserve. This is to experience life to the fullest, and to get a better handle on your mental health and your specific needs. All it takes is the commitment to be present, to take part in your healing, and to enjoy the process leading to better mental health.
What to Expect When Soliciting Mental Health Counseling
- Prior Authorization: Phone interview will be completed to obtain necessary information and documents needed to obtain authorization for assessment.
- Assessment: Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) will make contact with client or legal guardian in order to schedule assessment. LMHC will assess individual to identify symptomology and diagnosis.
- Treatment Plan: LMHC will document assessment and develop treatment plan to address symptoms identified.
- Treatment Plan Review: Every six months, treatment progress will be tracked and necessary adjustments to plan will be completed at this time.
Discharge Plan: At this point, symptoms should have significantly reduced and services will address steps for appropriate discharge.
- Mood Disorders: Depression, Bi-polar Disorder, etc.
- Adjustment Disorder
- And more…
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Strength- Based
- Individual/ Family Therapy
- Couples Therapy
There’s no better time than today, so click the button and make your appointment today. This is one decision you will not regret. A team member will reach out once we receive your form to schedule your evaluation.